The Riskability® Process -
Learn how to define the risk terminology and select the right GRC Framework that ties into corporate objectives.
Introducing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Date – Thursday August 12, 2010
Time – 8AM Pacific to 9:30Am Pacific
Duration – 90 Minutes
There are many standards, frameworks and tools that could either ease or make the risk management exercises more difficult. Enterprises have used ERM methodologies for many years before the 2004 release of COSO's Enterprise Risk Management-Integrated Framework or the earlier version which, still holds the ERM message of:.
- Selecting an appropriate risk framework and adapting it to the organization
- Documenting the selection process so that it can be defended adequately
- Developing workbook materials and display slides during the implementation process
Right from the beginning of the GRC implementation process, it is essential to develop a glossary of Risk terminology that also includes the related essentials of Governance and Compliance. This is necessary to ensure that everyone in the organization is "on the same wavelength and chapter"
Attend this webinar to understand ERM, how to define risk terminology, how to select the right GRC framework and how to focus policy attention on systemic risk and methods to deal with it.
Areas covered in the webinar
- Concepts behind risk management
- Taking stock of risk management
- Assessing the value of ERM
- What is a sound ERM framework?
- A common language – definitions & terminology
- Risk governance (structure, policies, supervision)
- Risk culture (philosophy, appetite, limits)
- Risk management process (identification, assessment, monitoring, reporting)
- Introduction to The Riskability Doctrine
Who should attend?
- Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) staff
- CFO, Treasurers,
- Chief Risk Officers
- Chief Legal Counsel,
- Chief Compliance Officer
- VPs of Risk Management, VP of Finance, Controllers
- Director, Internal audit
- Director, Operational Risk
- Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk analysts
- IT governance directors/managers
- IT risk directors/managers
- IT compliance directors/managers
- IT Audit directors/managers
- Information security directors/managers
GRC and IT directors/Consultants involved in following areas- Audit, Compliance, Governance, Risk management, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Ethics, Regulatory, Legal, Governmental affairs, IT, Accounting, Finance, Reliability, Quality assurance.
Kersi Porbunderwalla, Eminent GRC Strategist and Proprietor of GRC Controllers, Denmark, Kersi F. Porbunderwalla and GRCControllers are recognized to be one of the foremost authorities on EU directives within the framework of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) mandates. Kersi has worked closely with organizations like ExxonMobil, IBM, Shell and Volvo. GRCControllers is often considered to be one of the foremost authorities in extending a broad view understanding and impact of EuroSox® and GRC certification, standards, frameworks, regulations, and legislation.